How to apply for a teaching position
Visit Apply to Education at www.applytoeducation.com to complete an on-line teacher application. Be sure to purchase a credit - this will make your application portfolio accessible to us for a whole year.
Your complete application package will include:
- Application form (on Apply to Education)
- Cover letter addressed to Joe O'Hara, Executive Officer, Human Resources Services
- Current Résumé
- HCDSB Faith Reference Portfolio
- Pastoral Letter of Reference from your Catholic Priest, dated within the year
- Practice Teaching Reports
- Bachelor of Education transcripts
- Two letters of professional reference, dated within the year
- Certificate of Qualification or Interim Certificate of Qualification from the Ontario College of Teachers (where possible)
- Undergrad transcripts
- Recent teacher performance appraisal (experienced teacher applicants only)
- QECO Statements of Evaluation - Program 5 (experienced teacher applicants only)
In compliance with the Freedom of information and Protection of Privacy Act (1989), the above information will be used when considering candidates for teaching positions.
NOTE: An original Criminal Reference Check including Vulnerable Sector Screening, dated within six months, and evidence of a negative tuberculin test, dated within the year, are required upon hire.
When to Apply
We appreciate the opportunity to review all applications; however, due to the large volume, only those applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Board interviews large groups of potential teacher candidates in February, March and April of each year. Complete your online application portfolio on Apply to Education as early as possible in January. Ongoing interviews may be conducted as required.
The Halton Catholic District School Board will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform our Human Resources Staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
If you require additional information, please contact one of the following teacher recruitment staff who will be happy to assist you at 905-632-6300 or 1-800-741-8382.
- Darlene Ilczyna - Senior Administrator, Teaching Staff
- Josephine Rubino - Recruitment Officer, Teaching Staff (extension 117)
- Courtney Dyack - Recruitment Officer, Teaching Staff (extension 154)
- Edéa Santini - Human Resources Clerk (extension 105)
For teaching certification information, please contact:
Ontario College of Teachers
Membership Services Department
121 Bloor Street East, 6th Floor
Toll Free: 1-888-534-2222
For Q.E.C.O. information, please contact:
The Qualifications Evaluation Council of Ontario
1300 Yonge Street, 2nd Floor
Toll Free: 1-800-385-1030