Welcome to Holy Rosary School. Our Catholic elementary school, ELKP to Grade 8, is located at 261 Plains Road East, Burlington, Ontario. The school sits adjacent to Holy Rosary Parish and we are part of the Halton Catholic District School Board and are an associate school of Assumption Catholic Secondary School. Our school has one gym, a stage, a library, a full computer lab, and a beautiful peaceful garden in remembrance of Keaton Millar in our school yard.
Presently, as of September 2012, we have more than 430 students registered at our school. Holy Rosary is one of the designated schools of HCDSB which provides a full day Early Learning Kindergarten Program.
We thrive in a cooperative partnership that involves the school, the pastoral team of Holy Rosary Parish and the home in the exalted mission of Catholic education. It is the faith-centered focus and immersion in our Catholic values that make us unique. We nurture spiritual discipleship and pursue academic excellence, emulating our Lord Jesus, the Master Teacher.
To the many new families in our community, we welcome you. We encourage you to become involved in the school as attentive parents, as parent volunteers and as active supporters of the Holy Rosary School community.
Student Success Programs
Holy Rosary Catholic School is committed to up-to-date assessment and evaluation that promotes academic excellence and improvement in student achievement. We are grounded in the belief that all students will be able to demonstrate their learning in an environment that reflects the Catholic values of fairness, equity and respect for all.
- Halton Food for Thought provides Holy Rosary community with a Snack Program every Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings prepared at the school by parent volunteers. Also, provides a Bin Program which consists of healthy food choices for students who need a snack throughout the week.
- Holy Rosary Leadership Team
- P.R.O.P.S. (Peers Running Organized Play Stations)
- Healthy School, Ministry Certification
- Milk, Pizza and Lunch Lady Programs
- Inter-School Sports (i.e. Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Cross Country, Track & Field etc.)
- Music Instrumental Program (Grade 7 & 8)
- Prayer Leadership (Staff and Students)
- Battle of the Books (Junior/Intermediate)
- Environmental Eco Team
- Stamp Club (Grades 3 to 8) meet once a month
- Homework Club
Before and After School Programs
- Y.M.C.A. (Before and After School Program)
- Local community groups use the school in the evenings for activities and clubs.
- HUB/Our Kids Program – Community based program supported by the Halton Region.
We are committed to enabling all students to reach their potential, and to succeed. Our challenge is that every student is unique and each must have opportunities to achieve success according to his or her own interests, abilities, and goals. We have set high expectations and standards for our students, while introducing a range of options that allow students to learn in different ways. We are proud that our students regularly place among our Board's best.
Holy Rosary has been working toward achieving Gold Status in our province's Eco School Certification Program.
Our Green Team works daily to reduce waste, encourage recycling and find new ways to reduce our energy and water consumption.
Parent Community Involvement
Holy Rosary Catholic School Council is actively involved in the life of our school. Fundraising and Parent Outreach remain our most important focus.
Holy Rosary (Burlington) Elementary School
261 Plains Road East
, Ontario L7T 2C7
School Website |
Find My School
Holy Rosary (Burlington) Elementary School
School Council Members
- Michelle Bradshaw, Co-Chair
- Susan Lehocki, Co-Chair
- Patti Gallagher-Malisa, Principal
- Ching Allan
- Mike Clark
- Janine Hersey
- Ann Kurucz
- Shirley Mazza
- Margaret McAvoy-Gowans
- Donna Leroux, Non-Teaching
- Carol Mullally, Teacher Representative
- Sheila Slattery-Ford, Community Representative
- Bonnie Sparks, Parish Representative
Director of Education
- Total: 432
- Boys: 223
- Girls: 209
The Halton Catholic District School Board is a model learning community, widely recognized as distinctively Catholic, providing exceptional education, while nurturing the call to love and to serve as a people of faith, living out God's plan.
The Halton Catholic District School Board, in partnership with home and Church, is dedicated to providing excellence in Catholic education by developing Christ-centred individuals enabled to transform society.
Our Governing Values
At the Halton Catholic District School Board we know that:
- our school community exists to foster and exemplify Catholic values;
- the education of our students is a necessary investment in society;
- education is a lifelong process that fosters the worth of the individual;
- education is a process involving a partnership of students, home, school, Church and community;
- the education of everyone toward their fullest potential creates a better future;
- an effective learning environment fosters in each student a sense of unique value, self-esteem and importance to society;
- dedicated teachers and staff ensure a positive and caring learning environment enabling students to reach their full potential;
- the ability to understand, manage and direct change is essential to success; and
- we are accountable to the community for the effective management of our resources.