St. Bernadette Catholic School is a very special community where our staff, our parents and the St. Matthew Parish work together to support the spiritual, academic, physical, social and emotional development of our students. As a school staff we are committed to instilling Catholic Christian faith and values.
This year we look forward to continuing to enhance our spiritual journey through the leadership of Father Mark Gatto and the St. Matthew Parish staff. We are very blessed to belong to such a vibrant parish family.
We are very grateful to our School Council for their ongoing commitment to Catholic Education and to the numerous activities which they support at St. Bernadette Catholic School
Student Success Programs
- Grade 7 and 8 Literacy/Numeracy Program
- Extended French Support Program
- Reading Intervention initiatives
- Reading Rocks
- All Star Reading
- Interschool Athletic Programs such as cross country, track and field, basketball, volleyball, soccer and hockey
- Dance Squad
- Clubs (Faith, Knitting, Art, Cartooning, Hip Hop, Zumba, Games)
Before and After School Programs
YMCA before and after school programs on site
- Catholicity-to embed our Focus on Faith grade level themes and essential questions across the curriculum
- Assessment for Learning
- Thinking and Application with a focus on math
- 21st century Learning Skills
- Developmental Assets
This year our school community will focus on improving our outdoor space.
Parent Community Involvement
- School Council meets on a monthly basis. All are welcome.
- Welcome back BBQ, Curriculum Night, Newcomer Night, Christmas Social, Spring Musical, Pasta Night, Family Numeracy Night, Games Night, Christmas Shop
- Lead clubs and coach teams as needed
- Lego Club, Knitting Club
- Pizza Days, Milk Program and Snack program
St. Bernadette Elementary School
St. Bernadette Elementary School1201 Heritage Way
Oakville, Ontario, L6M 3A4
Phone: 905-827-7235 Fax:905-827-9035
School Website | Class Portal
Find My School
School Council Members
Director of Education
513 students (239 boys, 274 girls)
The Halton Catholic District School Board is a model learning community, widely recognized as distinctively Catholic, providing exceptional education, while nurturing the call to love and to serve as a people of faith, living out God's plan.
The Halton Catholic District School Board, in partnership with home and Church, is dedicated to providing excellence in Catholic education by developing Christ-centred individuals enabled to transform society.
Our Governing Values
At the Halton Catholic District School Board, we value:
Our Catholic Faith
and aspire to be models of Christ through our actions of love, forgiveness, compassion, and acceptance.
The Whole Child
and create conditions that support the spiritual, intellectual, physical and emotional well-being of all students so that they may fulfill their God-given potential.
Excellence in Learning
and provide opportunities that meet the needs and aspirations of all learners in a supportive, creative and innovative learning environment.
Relationships and Partnerships
and recognize that our success is reflective of the healthy and vibrant partnership of staff, parents, pastors, and members of our broader community.
The Importance of Contributing to Our Communities
and respect diversity, celebrate multiculturalism, honour individual rights, and embrace the social values of collective responsibility and the common good.